Something a little different tonight. I have to share my picture with all my HeadBangers. My Bestest Buddie, Diane at @DianesDigitals on twitter, in Canada, we’ve been friends for years, did this painting and well I sort of had to have it lmao. Look at it, it has everything a Viking Metal Head needs. The Ravens. the wolf, the night, blood red sky and even a melodic death tree not to mention that moon. Let me break this painting down for you, of course it speaks to me and you know the rest….
- The Ravens…. I have always loved Ravens. Even when I was a kid I had a pull towards them. When I came from the US to Finland, the Ravens were more beautiful then ever. The US Raven is all black, see below, the Finnish Raven omg a beautiful gray with black wings.
The US Raven that I grew up with. And do not call it a crow at least to me.
My Finnish Raven, I have one that visits me on the balcony. This summer he came 2-3 times a day. I fricking love them. Ravens are awesome. You know they are considered messengers. The Metal Man doesn’t want me getting to friendly, but I can’t help it, they speak to me.
*They have been both feared and respected birds in many cultures. In ancient times Finland ravens were powerful animals connected to witchcraft and often shamans had ravens as their pets.
- The Wolf….. There’s is nothing to say about my Spirit Animal other than I have a connection with them and always will. They are a sign of Strength and Protection. To kill or harm one is beyond words. These beautiful, dark, strong, protectors who howl their lonely message to the moon give me the chills. They are part of my soul. I will defend them to the end.
What can one say about a tree, well…..
- The tree is a symbol of a fresh start on life, positive energy, good health and a bright future. As a symbol of immortality. A tree grows old, yet it bears seeds that contain its very essence and in this way, the tree becomes immortal
And that full moon…..
- It is a goddess symbol that represents the Maiden, Mother and Crone as the waxing, full and waning moons. It is also a symbol of the spiritual aspects of femininity, such as intuition, psychic abilities, creativity and wisdom.
And the red sky…..
- In ancient times, Red Skies in the evening were not considered as a sign of war. In Germanic mythology, red evening skies were caused by a male giant acting in the air. He is a foe to the benedicting spirits of light above: Day and night are fighting the battle in which Red Skies (the giant) leads the darkness up across the sky obstructing the sunrays` way to earth. The battle ends with the triumph of the night ghosts.
There you have it my HeadBangers. My breakdown as an art critic, which I am so not. But this painting just called to me and here we are. I feel that it fits in with my metal music and it just all flows for me. I hope you like it and no it is not for sale lol. Diane has a lot of great pics and paintings contact her at twitter if you want and check out her pics on Flickr at DianesDigitals, her worked has been used by magazines and books. You definitely have to check her out. Well HeadBangers thanks and hope you enoyed this and the painting.
Awesome! With sincere thanks for your kind words my bestest buddie….. <3 <3 <3
Anytime my bestest buddies ❤❤❤